Volunteer Community Ambassador Team
Volunteer Community Ambassadors are folks who love to inspire creativity, conservation, and community engagement through reuse. People who love Creative Reuse and are interested in supporting us in new ways are encouraged to apply by following this link. Depending on your skills, experience, and what you want to do, you could help us in a variety of ways.
- Tabling: Setting up and running an information table, possibly with a small creative activity, at events around the city. This may be with or without a staff member present.
- Social media:
- Personal — liking, sharing, and mentioning our organization’s social media posts on your personal page.
- Neighborhood/organization — adding Creative Reuse’s events to neighborhood or community organizations’ listservs, social media, or calendars.
- Reviews — on Yelp, GreatNonprofits, Google, and elsewhere.
- Photography: Quality photos of participants and their projects at our Creative Education Programs or other events are always needed! A great option for someone who enjoys photography and wants to build their portfolio or practice their skills.
- Street Team: Do you enjoy checking out bulletin boards for cool goings-on in your area? Our Street Team puts up flyers and posters for our fundraisers and events.
- Greeting customers in our shop: We are a space where anyone in Pittsburgh can feel welcome in. We take pride in greeting everyone who comes into our shop. Our Volunteer Ambassadors will help us to do just that, and to go the extra mile to make our customers feel as welcome as possible. You will help customers find materials, understand the Bulk section, and come up with project ideas.
- Talking Us Up: If you love Creative Reuse and what we do, your friends probably do as well! The biggest part of being a Volunteer Ambassador is to promote us and our mission however you can, such as inviting folks to our shop and events, creating projects with repurposed materials, or just bringing Creative Reuse up in conversation. Any and all ideas and contributions are welcome.
Who should apply?
- Folks with enthusiasm for material reuse and Creative Reuse
- People who are punctual and have reliable transportation
- Folks with a self-starting, independent attitude
- Folks who would love to volunteer with us, but aren’t able to commit to regular shop or program volunteer shifts
Anyone interested in joining the Volunteer Community Ambassador Team must attend a 1.5-hour orientation, including by a role-playing activity. The role-playing activity will be designed to test your knowledge of Creative Reuse programs, vocabulary, and practices.
- 20% off individually marked items and buy-one-get-one-free bulk bags on your next shopping trip at Creative Reuse after each volunteer session
- a bi-monthly Volunteer Appreciation Pizza Party, with free access to the Bulk section for working on creative projects and lots of time to get to know your fellow volunteers
- networking opportunities at volunteering events as well as with staff and board members
- benefiting the environment, your community, and the Center for Creative Reuse!