Accepting for summer 2020!
Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse maintains a social media presence on Facebook and Instagram. We also send out a monthly e-newsletter highlighting upcoming events and educational programs, Shop sales, and business donor recognition. Occasionally we need extra hands and creative minds to design flyers and create content promoting who we are and what we do. The Communications Intern would work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Administrative Coordinator, and Shop Managers.
- Demonstrate your talent for design and build your portfolio
- Exercise your creativity while impacting a growing organization
- Learn about nonprofit operations
- Collaborate with a playful, creative, hard-working team
- Develop your skills and gain experience
- Design and redesign brochures, signs, and other print material as needed
- Assist with managing social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat)
- Contribute to the writing and preparation of monthly email newsletter
- Use WordPress to edit and update website
- Make recommendations for marketing strategy
- Assist with keeping communal areas tidy (kitchen, bathrooms, warehouse, etc.)
- Interest in nonprofit communications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate and more than proficient with preferred design program
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to bring own laptop required
- Initiative and follow-through skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Passion for the environment, art, education, and community engagement
- Comfortable asking questions when they arise
- Willingness to learn
To apply for an internship:
- Fill out the application on our website
- Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter please be sure to tell us which internship(s) you’re interested in, why you’d like to work with us, and how your particular skills, experience, and interests fit with our mission.