Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse is a non-profit that inspires creativity, conservation, and community engagement through reuse.
We operate a non-traditional art supply shop located at the intersection of Wilkinsburg, Homewood, and Point Breeze, where people can donate used art and craft supplies, as well as shop for these unique items all in the same location. We also facilitate hands-on creative programming that educates the public about the benefits of reuse for the environment, community, and self. We see reuse as a vehicle for boosting self-confidence, learning new skills, and creating opportunity for all.
Interested in our shop? Visit our Facebook page for up-to-date photos of materials and project ideas. Our center is located in the same building (but around the corner and through a different door) as Construction Junction — be sure to visit them while you’re here!
If you are planning an event that needs a creative activity with an environmental twist, fill out our online scheduler to get in touch with us about your event.
We build community:
- by creating an inviting space that encourages curiosity, playfulness, quirkiness, experimentation, and, of course, reuse.
- by cultivating strong relationships with people inside our organization and in our broader community.
- by investing in people and their personal, creative, and professional growth.
We grow creativity:
- by creating and supporting children’s education in the art and maker community.
- by hosting accessible hands-on workshops in communities for all ages.
- by providing low-cost materials to any human looking to create something.
We encourage conservation:
- by changing people’s thinking about consumption and reuse.
- by expressing deep care for nature and the earth.
- by making knowledge about climate change and reuse accessible to our audience.