Funds shouldn’t be a barrier to making something amazing happen in our community.
We support community, environment, and arts-based non-profit organizations and artists in their quest to enrich the environmental and cultural landscape of Pittsburgh.
If you have a budget for materials, we hope that you’ll use those funds first before applying for assistance. It is important to us that we make our materials affordable and accessible through our low prices, Bulk Section, and quantity discounts every day in our shop, and your purchases support our ability to do just that. Our Project Sponsorship program is for those who really need an extra boost in order to fully realize their project.
We want to see great things happen with reclaimed materials in our community, and we are so pleased to help when a project fits our vision. We are only able to sponsor projects that are free and open to the public, and that directly relate to art, environment, or community concerns. For example, we cannot sponsor private birthday parties, commissioned artwork, or events which require a ticket or registration fee to attend. If you are unsure if your project can be considered, please contact email@example.com.
An organization or artist may receive one sponsorship per year.
Interested persons may apply to receive donated or discounted materials by submitting our Project Sponsorship Request form at least three weeks before the materials will be needed. We are unable to accommodate last-minute requests.
A small sampling of projects we have supported in the past include:
- Keys Service Corps Northside Beautification Project
- Theatre Sans Serif Urban Agriculture Outreach
- Tree Pittsburgh Nature Crafts
- Planned Parenthood Volunteer Craft Night
- Ten Thousand Villages Park and Picnic Day
- Knit the Bridge Sign Making and Panel Creation
- 1 Billion Been Rising Banner Making
- Creative Citizens Studio Autism Art March
- Voices for Animals Banner Making
- Lenka Clayton Residency in Motherhood
- GLCC Pittsburgh Youth Pride Prom
- Propel Braddock Elementary School Playground Beautification