Creative Reuse relies on an amazing team of committed volunteers to accomplish our mission. We wouldn’t be here without you!
Volunteers starting at age 10 can help in our shop accompanied by a parent. Anyone aged 16-18 can volunteer independently in the shop with the permission of a parent or guardian.
If you’d like to inspire creativity, conservation, and community engagement through reuse, please fill out one of the application forms below.
- Discount: Get 50% off bulk bags and 20% off everything else in the shop!
- Support Creativity and Reuse: Help us divert useful materials from the landfills
- Meet Cool People: Meet other creatively-minded folks and build connections with your community.
- Pizza: Enjoy appreciation parties in our shop!
- **NEW!** Volunteer Shop Assistant: Help out in the Creative Reuse retail shop by accepting donations, assisting customers, operating the register, and more! Make new connections within the community and work in a creative and inspiring environment. A personal commitment of either one 4 hour shift per week for 6 months or two 4 hour shifts per month for a year is required. There are two shifts available: 10:30 am-2:30 pm or 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Click here to view the full position description and click here to fill out the Volunteer Shop Assistant application.
- Donation Volunteer: Help us keep the Creative Reuse retail shop organized and awesome by measuring fabric, packaging small materials, sorting buttons and beads, reorganizing books and magazines, and more. Volunteer shifts are usually weekdays between the hours of 11 am and 5:30 pm. Shifts are a minimum of 2 hours long. The latest volunteer shift begins at 3:30 pm. Not able to come in at those times? Email the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to check about Sunday availability or consider another volunteer role! Click here for the Donation Volunteer Application!
- Creative Education Volunteer: Help facilitate hands-on educational programs by welcoming and orienting participants, keeping tools and materials organized, inspiring participants, making examples, helping participants create one-of-a-kind masterpieces, and more. Click here for the Creative Education Volunteer Application!
- Community Ambassadors: Support and represent Creative Reuse by tabling at events, photographing our Center, posting about us on social media, putting up flyers for events, and more. Click here for the Community Ambassador Application!
- Internships: We also have several internships available for folks who are interested in a longer-term, more project-based commitment. We’re always looking for for students seeking course credit or anyone with specific skills interested in supporting Creative Reuse. Click here for a listing of our current internships.
- Groups of Volunteers: Unfortunately due to space and staff limitations, we can no longer host groups of volunteers in our shop or warehouse except during special events. If you have a group of volunteers (age 16+) interested in volunteering at our next special event, fill out the group application (click here!). Our Volunteer Coordinator will let you know what future dates we’re in need of some help!
What to Expect
After you’ve filled out your application, our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to schedule a volunteer orientation. You will be given an in-depth shop tour, learn about your volunteer position, and schedule any future shifts. Volunteer Shop Assistant applicants will also go through a short and casual interview process. All orientations and interviews are held at our retail store.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (412) 473-0100.
Volunteers and interns are vital to the success of Creative Reuse, and we love each and every one of them! Meet our March volunteer in the spotlight, Sandy!
Sandy started volunteering with us back in August of 2016. She wanted to join the Creative Reuse team to keep useful items out of the landfill. We’re lucky to have Sandy’s help twice a week! She works with us as both a Donation Volunteer and a Volunteer Shop Assistant.
Sandy’s favorite task to work on is sorting jewelry. We get tons of unique, handmade, and vintage jewelry finds in donations. The oddest thing that Sandy has found while sorting was a bullet! When asked what she’d say to any prospective Creative Reuse volunteers, she has only three simple words: “Just do it!”
A big thanks to Sandy for her many hours spent helping us out! If you’d like to become a volunteer or intern with us at Pittsburgh Center for Creative Reuse, fill out an application today!