Online Sales and Marketing Internship
The shop at Creative Reuse is our most important program. It’s a source of both materials and inspiration for creativity. We are constantly working to make our shop a welcoming, beautiful, and vital space for artists, teachers, families, and creative folks of all kinds.
This position will handle many aspects of our online sales pilot program. In addition to posting items for sale, this intern will develop a system for corresponding with buyers and preparing items for shipment. Marketing the items and announcing our online sales to the world as well as to our community is another aspect to this internship.
The Online Sales and Marketing intern reports to the Shop Manager and interacts with all Creative Reuse team members.
- Exercise your creativity to provide a unique experience for visitors to Creative Reuse
- Develop skills in online sales, marketing, and customer relations
- Learn about nonprofit operations
- Collaborate with a creative, hard-working team
- Gain experience in retail operations
- Learn about reclaimed materials and reuse projects
- Meet local artists, educators, and nonprofit leaders
- Facilitate online sales of rare, vintage, valuable, and specialty items
- Correspond with customers online
- Develop a system for preparing items for shipment
- Assist with keeping communal areas tidy
- Assist Shop Manager with additional office tasks as needed
- Help with special projects as needed (fundraisers, events, etc.)
- Scheme with the Shop Manager regarding the overall vision and awesomeness of the online sales program
- Passion for the environment, creativity, and community engagement
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and great multi-tasking abilities
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and bend, reach, lift, and stand for extended periods
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and writing abilities
- Cultural competency and ability to work effectively with diverse populations
A perfect candidate for this position is:
- willing to pitch in whenever and however is needed
- professional but also playful
- respectful of deadlines and timelines
- cooperative and collaborative
- a self-starter who thrives on working independently
- committed to finishing projects swiftly and with quality
- able to maintain a sense of organizational priorities over personal priorities
- unfailingly dependable and honest
- able to easily produce quirky alliteration, puns, and jokes
- passionate about educating others about reuse and recycling
- committed to recycling, reuse, and other earth-friendly practices
- passionate about learning new skills
- really, really good at talking to all types of people
To apply for an internship:
- Fill out the application on our website
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter please be sure to tell us which internship(s) you’re interested in, why you’d like to work with us, and how your particular skills, experience, and interests fit with our mission.