Nonprofit Administration Internship
Reporting to the Administrative Coordinator or Executive Director, the Nonprofit Administration Intern will assist with aspects of organizational administration as needed. Project areas may include communication, data collection and analysis, office space organization, accounting, technology improvement, fundraising, or community outreach.
Specific responsibilities will be dependent on the timing of the internship, current organizational priorities, and intern skills and interests. All Creative Reuse team members pitch in wherever needed to ensure the healthy functioning of our organization and to serve our shared mission.
- Apply your knowledge in the service of a growing organization
- Develop skills in organization, communication, and process improvement
- Learn about nonprofit operations
- Collaborate with a playful, creative, hard-working team
- Connect with local artists, educators, and nonprofit leaders
Responsibilities May Include:
- Assist Executive Director with process improvement, communication, and best practices
- Compile research and internal information to support strategic planning process
- Assist with data management and physical filing
- Assist with the assessment and prioritization of office technology needs
- Serve as an ambassador for Creative Reuse, both in the shop and at outreach events
- Assist with financial management tasks as needed
- Assist with planning and preparation for special projects and outreach events
- Assist Administrative Coordinator with data entry and administrative tasks as needed
- Assist with keeping communal areas tidy (kitchen, bathrooms, warehouse, etc.)
- Interest in nonprofit life and nonprofit management
- Flexibility and patience with changing priorities
- Curiosity and playfulness
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and familiarity with common social media platforms
- Willingness to pitch in on both complex and menial tasks as needed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to bring own laptop preferred
- Excellent task completion skills
- Willingness to learn
To apply for an internship:
- Fill out the application on our website
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter please be sure to tell us which internship(s) you’re interested in, why you’d like to work with us, and how your particular skills, experience, and interests fit with our mission.